By Lee Jamieson
By Lee Jamieson, About.com Guide to Shakespeare
Are you looking for new ways to keep Shakespeare fresh and relevant in the classroom? Our “For Teachers” section is the perfect place to get fresh ideas and swap techniques with fellow Shakespeare educators worldwide.
How to Teach Shakespeare
Learn to teach Shakespeare more effectively with our top tips and advice articles. Here, we also give you the opportunity to swap ideas and experiences with fellow Shakespeare teachers.
Shakespeare Workshop Ideas
Each month, our “Teaching Shakespeare” columnist suggests practical exercises for the classroom and shows you how to breathe life into Shakespeare’s plays.
- Understanding Shakespeare’s Words
- Developing your Shakespeare Interpretation Skills
- How to Prepare a Soliloquy
- How to Speak Shakespearean Verse
Shakespeare Topic Guides for Teachers
Our topic guides take the complexity out of teaching Shakespeare by offering concise, need-to-know knowledge about essential Shakespeare topics. Whether you need to find out about the theater experience in Shakespeare’s day or sharpen your understanding of iambic pentameter, you’ve come to right place.
- Introducing Shakespeare’s Life
- Introducing Iambic Pentameter
- Introducing the Theatre Experience in Shakespeare’s Day